(Halifax, NS – May 2, 2020) The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour has cancelled the first two races of the 2020 season due to the ongoing global pandemic. The Lucas Oil 200 scheduled for May 16th at Petty International Raceway and the Cummins 150 scheduled for May 30th at Scotia Speedworld will not be rescheduled.
As for the remainder of the 2020 schedule, the Tour remains optimistic that we will get some races in this season. Management will continue to monitor the situation and resulting government directives closely. We will make further decisions when we can and share them with you as quickly as possible.
We encourage everyone to follow all directives so we can flatten the curve and get back to the race track this summer!
The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the front line workers who are courageously keeping us informed, fed and cared for – you are the true champions!
Waterbury, VT and Naples, ME – American-Canadian Tour (ACT) and Pro All Star Series (PASS) officials have announced the 2020 Northeast Classic at Loudon’s New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) has been cancelled. The inaugural edition of the event will now take place on April 16 and 17, 2021.
Despite the hopes of series officials, and a previous postponement to May 8 and 9, it became clear in recent days that holding the Northeast Classic in 2020 was no longer practical. The state of New Hampshire recently extended its State of Emergency declaration, and indications are that New Hampshire’s Stay at Home order will also be extended beyond the current May 4 expiration date.
Furthermore, the U.S.-Canada border remains closed to non-essential business, which would prevent the large amount of Quebec-based teams and fans who planned to attend the Northeast Classic from doing so. With the current health and safety concerns, and other postponements and uncertainty throughout the Northeast racing world making rescheduling even more difficult, the decision was made to wait until 2021 for the debut of the highly-anticipated event.
The Granite State Pro Stock Series was supposed to have contested its opening round on Saturday April 25. Despite a picture perfect afternoon for racing, that did not happen. Now, again due to Covid-19, round two of the 2020 season has been postponed.
The second event for the series was scheduled to be held at Star Speedway in Epping NH. The quarter mile Bullring has quickly become a series favorite for drivers and fans alike. As of this release, no makeup date has been announced but conversations between series president Mike Parks and Star Speedway promoter Bobby Webber are ongoing.
“We would really like to be able to hold both races scheduled at Star”, Stated Parks “As we hear what the Governor of NH has to say over the next few weeks, we will look at both schedules and see what can be made to work”.
Unfortunately for fans and racers alike racing throughout the country and even the world has temporarily been interrupted for an indefinite period of time. “We have been listening to the governors and health officials of all the New Engand states as we look to see what can be saved of the 2020 schedule,” stated Parks. “We definitely don’t want to risk the health of any of our loyal fans and competitors”
Waterbury, VT – American-Canadian Tour (ACT) officials have announced the postponement of the ACT Oxford 150 that was scheduled for Sunday, April 26 at Maine’s Oxford Plains Speedway. No make-up date has been set at this time.
The Oxford 150 had been slated to open the ACT Late Model Tour and Pro All Star Series (PASS) North seasons. However, a Stay-at-Home order remains in effect for the state of Maine through at least April 30 due to the COVID-19 outbreak, forcing the event’s delay.
As with the also-postponed Community Bank N.A. 150 at Barre, VT’s Thunder Road, ACT officials will wait to reschedule the Oxford event until a clearer picture has emerged about when the 2020 season can begin in earnest. In the meantime, ACT will continue to take guidance on the situation from various state officials and health experts.
Barre, VT – Thunder Road and American-Canadian Tour (ACT) officials have officially postponed the Community Bank N.A. 150 that was scheduled for Sunday, May 3. The Annual Thunder Road Car Show that was set for Saturday, May 2 has also been postponed.
The decision to push back each event was made after the Vermont “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order was extended to May 15. This order limits gathering sizes and business operations to help combat the worldwide COVID-19 outbreak.
Make-up dates for the Community Bank N.A. 150 and Car Show have not been set at this time. Instead, Thunder Road and ACT will wait to reschedule them until a clearer picture emerges of when the 2020 racing season can begin. While no further event postponements have officially been determined, officials acknowledged that such actions may ultimately prove necessary if it is still not healthy and safe to hold racing events.
“These are uncertain times, and we’re working to make the best of them just like our teams and fans are,” Thunder Road managing partner Cris Michaud said. “At this point, we’re only sure of two things: we won’t be racing on the first weekend of May, and we’ll do everything we can to eventually get the full season in as long as it’s safe and prudent to do so. To that end, we’re taking guidance directly from state officials and health experts, and we’ll continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly.”